Emergency Dentist — Scripps Ranch, CA
Fast & Effective Emergency Relief
At MOD Squad Dental, we’ll give you the relief you need from dental injuries and pain as quickly as possible. If you or a family member is experiencing an emergency, don’t wait – contact our Scripps Ranch practice right away! Dr. Greg Friedman will do what he can to see you on the same day as your initial call, as well as provide assistance over the phone for how to best manage your condition until you can reach us. If you’re unsure what constitutes a dental emergency, our team can assess your symptoms and let you know whether you require emergency dental or medical care first.
Why Choose MOD Squad Dental for Emergency Dental Care?
- Open Five Days a Week
- Sedation Dentistry Available for Anxious Patients
- Experienced Dentists and Team Dedicated to Comfort
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
- Get an appointment scheduled fast: Depending on how soon you call our practice, we may be able to get you seen the same day you get in touch. At the very least, you’ll be able to speak with a team member who can get you scheduled and provide first-aid tips over the phone.
- Receive an emergency exam and evaluation: The moment you arrive at our practice, we’ll get you checked in and bring you to an operatory momentarily. Depending on your symptoms, we may also want to capture digital X-rays of your mouth.
- Provide professional relief and review your case: Upon completing an exam, we can make a far more informed decision on how to best get you out of pain and prevent your symptoms from worsening. We’ll develop a personalized treatment plan as well, complete with at timeline and estimated costs to help you feel confident about your future care.
- Get the care you need: Whether you need a dental filling, crown, root canal therapy, periodontal treatment, or another service, our top priority is getting you out of pain and addressing your emergency at the source.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies always happen at the least convenient and most unexpected moments. Because of that, it’s difficult to have a firm and proactive plan in place to prevent additional oral damage from occurring. Below, we’ve outlined some of the most common emergencies that our patients experience and what you should do until you arrive at our office.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies come in all shapes and sizes, which is why there’s no singular cost for urgent treatment. Based on our evaluation when you first get to our office, we’ll provide you with different dental solutions and make sure that you aren’t left in the dark about any pricing factors. Our team will be more than happy to also help you navigate additional financing through CareCredit if you need it.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
While there’s no way to completely avoid a dental emergency, there are some steps you can take to drastically reduce your risk. Here are some proactive measures to help prevent dental emergencies in Scripps Ranch.
Visit Your Dentist Regularly
While many dental emergencies are unavoidable accidents, many of them are the result of decay, infection, or other damage that has been gradually worsening for several weeks or months. By visiting us every six months for a checkup and cleaning, Dr. Friedman can detect these problems before they turn into painful emergencies.
Maintain Good Oral Hygiene Habits at Home
Of course, seeing us twice a year is only half the battle in avoiding dental emergencies. Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes at a time, and floss every evening. These simple habits can go a long way in minimizing the buildup of plaque in your mouth that could contribute to toothaches, cavities, and more.
Stick to a Nutritious Diet
It’s no secret that cutting back on sugary foods and drinks reduces your risk of tooth decay. But you should also know that biting down too hard on certain crunchy foods, like nuts, popcorn kernels, hard breads, and even apples, can fracture a tooth or dental restoration, resulting in the need for a trip to our emergency dental office in Scripps Ranch. Be careful when chewing these foods. Additionally, avoid chewing on hard, inedible objects like ice, pens, fingernails, etc.
Wear a Mouthguard
If you play sports, you’ll want to protect your smile by wearing a mouthguard. Instead of the cheap options from the store, our team can craft a custom mouthguard using impressions we take of your mouth. The result is a mouthguard that fits better, feels more comfortable, and provides more protection.
Also, consider wearing a nightguard if you grind your teeth while sleeping. This habit, known as bruxism, can wear down your tooth enamel, leaving your pearly whites more susceptible to breakage.
Use Tools, Not Teeth to Open Packaging
It can be tempting to open a package quickly by just biting it, but doing so can chip or crack your teeth. Avoid painful breakage by taking the time to reach for the scissors instead.