Full Mouth Replacement – Scripps Ranch, CA
Rebuild Your Lost Smile with Dental Implants
Have you suffered extensive tooth loss due to genetics, trauma, gum disease, or other factors? You may find yourself facing daily struggles as you attempt to adapt to life with an incomplete smile. But why put up with the hassles and health risks of missing teeth when you could visit our office for full mouth replacement in Scripps Ranch? Dr. Friedman and our team can use dental implants to provide you with a new set of teeth that is strong, functional, and aesthetically pleasing.
What Can I Expect from Full Mouth Replacement?
In most cases, the full mouth replacement process goes something like this:
- You attend a consultation, wherein Dr. Friedman determines your candidacy for dental implants and begins to design a treatment plan.
- We carry out any necessary preliminary work, such as extractions or gum disease treatment.
- You undergo dental implant placement surgery, wherein artificial tooth roots (the dental implants) get placed at specific locations throughout your jaw.
- After a healing period of a few months, Dr. Friedman designs and places your permanent new teeth.
Whereas traditional dentures simply sit on top of the gums, an implant-retained denture is anchored in the jawbone via a number of strategically placed dental implants. The implants ensure that the denture is extremely stable and natural-feeling. Implant-retained dentures also deliver a bite force that is similar to that of natural teeth. Some patients choose to receive a removable implant-supported denture, which snaps onto the implants via small metal attachments. For other patients, a denture that is permanently fixed in place is the better option.
All-on-4 Dental Implants
During the All-on-4 procedure, Dr. Friedman places two implants toward the back of your mouth and two at the front of the mouth, in locations where the bone is naturally thickest. Then, he immediately attaches a provisional (temporary) denture to the implants. After your body has recovered sufficiently from the implant placement surgery, you will receive a permanent new denture that will only be removed when you visit our office for your regular dental cleanings.
Am I a Candidate for Full Mouth Replacement?
You may be a candidate for full mouth replacement via dental implants if:
- You are missing all or most of your teeth
- You are frustrated by your traditional denture
- You are free of oral and overall health problems that might compromise your ability to heal after surgery
- You have adequate bone density to support dental implants
To find out for sure whether full mouth replacement is right for you, contact our office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Friedman and our team. We look forward to helping you regain a beautiful, strong, and confident smile!