Dental Implants in Scripps Ranch, San Diego
Are you missing one tooth, several teeth, or even an entire mouthful? In all of these cases, dental implants could be the perfect, permanent solution that helps you regain a full, healthy smile you can feel proud of. Here in Scripps Ranch, Dr. Greg Friedman recommends implants because they’re the only tooth replacement option that mimics the whole structure of your original tooth. This makes them much stronger and longer-lasting than alternative treatments. Better yet, our team can now offer both implant placement and restoration right here in-office! Contact Mod Squad Dental today to schedule a consultation.
So what exactly is a dental implant? They’re small “posts” that are designed to fit into your upper jaw or lower tissue, essentially serving as a new tooth root that will support the restoration and keep the natural tissue healthy. Once our team has determined that you’re a good candidate for implants, placing them in your mouth will be the first stage of treatment. While many dentists have to refer their patients to outside specialists for this surgical procedure, Dr. Friedman is able to simplify your treatment process and keep you comfortable by performing it right here in our San Diego practice.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Let’s take a closer look at some of the many advantages that dental implants offer:
- Through a process known as osseointegration, dental implants bond with your body. They thus help to prevent the bone deterioration that often occurs after tooth loss.
- Dental implants boast a very high success rate — over 95 percent!
- Implants have the potential to last a lifetime. Other tooth replacement options have a very limited lifespan, typically lasting just five to 15 years or so.
- Daily life with implants is easy. They allow you to brush and floss according to your normal routine, and they enable you to eat just about anything.
- Placing and restoring implants seldom requires that your remaining natural teeth be modified or extracted. Implants even protect your natural teeth by preventing them from drifting out of place.
- Dental porcelain, one of the main materials that we use to create implant restorations, closely resembles the look and feel of natural teeth.
Once the implant is placed, patients will usually need to undergo a period of healing. After this process is complete, it’ll be time to place a brand-new, lifelike restoration on top. Dr. Friedman has been working with the same trusted lab technician for over 12 years now, and together, we can provide you with high-quality crowns that blend into your smile seamlessly.
If your tooth loss is extensive, a custom implant-retained denture may be the best option for restoration. These appliances are designed to fit over a number of implants, giving patients a sturdy, cost-effective smile replacement that both feels and looks great. Plus, there’s no need for typical clips, brackets, or denture adhesives!
Successfully placing dental implants is a precise art, and one that must be performed as accurately as possible. Here at Mod Squad Dental, Dr. Friedman utilizes the latest in technology to ensure exceptional results: CT scanning. Instead of the traditional 2D X-ray, we can capture a detailed 3D image that disassembles into individual, informative cross sections. This is crucial in helping our team determine what size and type of implant is best to use, as well as whether or not there are any nerves or bone in the way.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Each portion of your implant procedure, including placement and restoration, comes with its own price. Also, things such as the number of implants you need and the type of restoration you receive will affect the total cost of your treatment. Oftentimes, dental or medical insurance is willing to pay for at least a portion of the implant process, but you’ll have to check the fine print of your specific policy to find out for sure.
Dental implants are not cheap, but they are a worthwhile investment! The outstanding benefits they can provide for your confidence and oral health make them the best tooth replacement method that modern dentistry has to offer.